I really wish I had more time to spend on collaboration. It was lovely being able to just animate what someone else has made!
But I'm confused with what I'm allowed to put on here because of the Glammies and whatnot so I'll save that for another post.
Anyway! The final performance! This is where I had to animate a character interaction, with a chosen dialogue, so I went for the lift scene in (500) Days of Summer.
(Blogging makes me sleepy, so sorry if none of this makes any sense!)
I have such a love/hate relationship with making the characters, so I'm surprised making two of them in such a short period of time didn't give me a breakdown.
So here are the two basic armatures I made!
I sewed foam around the arms as I was sick of epoxy glue.
I'm kinda really pleased with how the hand turned out!
Photo above is how I made the made, I basically just put the wire around the nails then twisted the ends together. This way the hands were all roughly the same size! Also less chance of the fingers snapping!
I stuck bits of foam for the palm, and stuck a magnet on top of that so the characters could pick up vinyl's.
This is how they turned out! I sewed skin coloured felt around the wire with invisible thread.
(The bottom right one is my favourite. Who needs latex?)
Then onto the clothes! Luckily their legs are always hidden by the table so there was no need to make trousers! Wooo time saving! To make the clothes I did the whole masking tape over cling film technique and then used the patterns from that to create the clothes!
To make this a lot easier, I named the male character Herby and the female Willow.
Here's the progress of Herby's face being made! I suck at making faces, they always end up looking the same, but practice makes perfect! I then started to give him hair, at first he looked a bit like Ringo.
(Check out his ears. Aren't they adorable?!)
Now on to Willow! (Hint in the background why that name popped into my head.) Because I was scared that the hair was going to be too heavy I placed wire in the head to give the hair some support. I had way too much fun with the hair! I used three different colours, green, blue and dark blue.
Fun fact: I made the hair on May 4th. Perfect day to make Princess Leia inspired hair!
For Herby's mouths I just used the ones I bought off animation tool kit a while ago, and added two.
For Willow I used my mouth as reference, hence the clown lips...
Their feet were made out of k&s and washers just so I could hold them in place with magnets.
Annnnd here they are in their little music store! Saeed made the table and the boxes full of vinyl's for my set. He even made teeny little Vinyl covers with The Smiths on! Amazing ^_^ (Here's Saeed's blog. :} http://saeedslittleworkspace.blogspot.co.uk/ )
I really want to re-animate this one. I only had two days left to animate 20 seconds, so any mistakes I made had to stay! If anything it's an achievement that I managed to get it done in two days! So here it is!
Oh and if these video things aren't working, here's a link.