Tuesday 27 May 2014

hop hop hop

As I wanted to animate a rabbit hopping, I needed to make a rabbit armature! Which could've been made a billion times better, but oh well, like I've said before, I'm improving... ^_^ I'm also just realising I really haven't taken many photos of the whole 'making process' but my hands were covered in epoxy glue for a good few weeks so I didn't want to ruin my camera! 
So below is a photo of the soon to be rabbit legs, and shoulder and hip joints, with k&s glued in place.


Cheeky close up.



below photo of all the k&s glued in place! just needed to sort the feet out, attach the legs and give the rabbit a head!


I wanted to give the rabbit bigger feet so i carved a gap out of the balsa wood for the k&s to fit. I then sanded them down to make them rounder/more paw like.



To make the rabbit head I just glued three pieces of balsa wood together then sanded it down until it kinda looked like a rabbit head. I then made two holes for the ears to be glued in place. 


Ears are honestly the best things to animate. So fun, and they're so cute! To make them animate-able (is that even a word?) I made them out of wire, then twisted the ends so I could slot them into the holes in the head. Then to make them all snazzy I sewed some fabric around them to hide the wire.





I painted the wooden parts of the rabbit grey, and put grey milliput over the joints to keep them sturdy. ^_^
Then taaadaaaa! Finished. (okay, the photo isn't the finished thing, just picture the head and feet painted grey.)




Oh, and here's some animation!







No comments:

Post a Comment